Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30: The Perfect Sunscreen for Oily Skin
If you’re a makeup-loving, skincare-obsessed Black woman like me, you know that finding the perfect sunscreen can be a real challenge. We need a sunscreen that not only offers the necessary sun protection but also complements our daily makeup routine, caters to our specific skin concerns, and fits within a reasonable budget. I’ve discovered an incredible solution that ticks all these boxes: Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30.
Why Sunscreen Is Essential for Black Women with Hyperpigmentation:
As a Black woman dealing with hyperpigmentation, sunscreen is a non-negotiable step in my daily skincare routine. Hyperpigmentation is the overproduction of melanin, often triggered or worsened by sun exposure. So, if you’re using acids like I do to tackle those pesky dark spots, sunscreen is your best friend. Without it, your hard-earned progress can be undone, and your skin can become more prone to discoloration
Let me introduce you to my absolute favorite sunscreen – Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30. This product from the Black Girl Sunscreen brand is tailored to meet the unique needs of Black and Brown skin. It’s specifically formulated to address common concerns like leaving a white cast, feeling heavy, or causing excessive shine. It is also formulated with chemical filters, free of oxybenzone, octinoxate, and parabens. I also love this sunscreen because it contains natural ingredients such as avocado, jojoba oil, cacao, carrot juice, and sunflower oil. In my experience, this sunscreen has been a game-changer for my skincare and makeup routine.
Why I love this Sunscreen:
- No White Cast: The dreaded white cast is a common issue with many sunscreens, but not with this gem. The white cast in sunscreen happens because of the ingredients used to block the sun’s harmful rays. Sunscreen contains tiny particles or chemicals that reflect or scatter the sunlight. When these particles are too big or not formulated properly, they can leave a noticeable, white, or chalky layer on your skin. The Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30 blends seamlessly into my deep skin tone, leaving no chalky residue behind.
- Makeup-Friendly: If you’re a fan of Fenty Beauty like me, you’ll be thrilled to know that Black Girl Sunscreen plays well with your Fenty foundation – or any other brand. It doesn’t negatively interact with makeup, in fact, I use it as a base, allowing for a flawless finish.
- No Flashback: You know that fear of looking ghostly in flash photography? Not an issue with this sunscreen. You can confidently take Instagram-ready selfies without worrying about dreaded flashbacks.
- Perfect for Oily Skin: As an oily skin girlie, I’m always cautious about anything that might make me look greasy. A pea-sized amount of Black Girl Sunscreen is all you need, and it provides adequate moisture without making you shine like a disco ball. It’s the ideal solution for those of us with oily skin who don’t want to over-moisturize.
My Step-by-Step Skincare Routine with Black Girl Sunscreen:
- Morning Cleanse: I always start my skincare routine with the Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel Cleanser. It is a gentle and hydrating cleanser that rids your skin of any impurities.
- Toner: I then apply a pH-balancing toner that targets early signs of aging by alternating between PiXi’s Retinol and Collagen toner. Let your toner dry before going to the next step.
- Serum (If Using): A serum is a superhero for your skin. It’s a lightweight, fast-absorbing liquid that’s packed with powerful ingredients to tackle specific skin concerns. Personally, it is an optional step in the morning but a must at night. I use a bunch of different serums depending on what my skin is going through at the time. Allow your skin to absorb your serum before moving on to the next step.
- Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30: The star of the show! As I mentioned earlier, a pea-sized amount is sufficient to cover your entire face. It’s incredibly lightweight and blends invisible effortlessly.
- Makeup Application: After allowing the sunscreen to set for a couple of minutes, proceed with your makeup routine. I personally adore Fenty Beauty’s Matte Liquid Foundation or their Powder Foundation for lighter makeup days.
- Throughout the Day: Remember to reapply the sunscreen every few hours, especially if you’re outdoors. I don’t reapply over makeup.
- Night Routine: In the evening, follow your regular skincare routine. If you’re using acids, remember to be diligent with your sunscreen during the day to protect your skin from further damage.
Where to buy Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30
Incorporating Black Girl Sunscreen into my routine has been a game-changer. It’s affordable, highly effective, and caters to the specific needs of Black and Brown skin. The fact that it’s created by people who look like us and understand our unique concerns is truly heartwarming.
Sunscreen is not just a luxury; it’s a necessity, especially if you’re working to combat hyperpigmentation. Don’t let all the hard work of your skincare routine go to waste by skipping this crucial step. Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30 has made my skincare journey smoother, my makeup more flawless, and my skin better protected from the sun’s harmful rays. Give it a try, and I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do.
So, go ahead and embrace the sun with confidence, knowing that your skin is well-protected and looking flawless. Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30 is the ultimate sunscreen for Black women who want it all – effective sun protection, a makeup-friendly formula, and a reasonable price point. Your journey to radiant skin starts right here!